UVIC Teacher's Blog

A dive into EDCI 336

March 2nd Reflection

ED Tech March 2nd Class reflection:

Upon reflection, I really enjoyed this class and the different activities were we able to do. I think it is important to know and be aware of how to use other people’s educational videos and how to make them ourselves. When we were put into breakout rooms and asked to find an educational video on YouTube related to your teaching area, the inquiry project I chose to use this time to choose a video related to my free inquiry of surfing. Specifically, the history of surfing. While watching the video I took the time to play around with some of the features on youtube to become more comfortable with them. I am excited that I have narrowed my inquiry down to the history of surfing. Furthermore, when we discussed digital curation, something that I believe could be super beneficial for me. With my ADHD I really struggle with some aspects of the organization and starting to use digital curation in my day-to-day university life could be super beneficial in the long term. As of right now I only have folders on my desktop for my classes and I only add items that I deem to be of value. I look forward to experimenting with some of the suggested platforms. 

Image: creator Michael Paskevicius: taken from google docs